Monday 8 April 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day (£7 a week) - 28 Day Challenge - Day 28

Last day! Finally, the day I've been waiting for for 4 weeks is here. You'd think that would make the day harder, but actually it's been the easiest day so far, probably because I know the challenge is now nearly over.

I started the day with a small portion of the stew that was left from the other day, and then throughout the day, while I was out and about, I had three apples.

My dinner was similar to yesterday's; boiled rice with green peas, borlotti beans, courgette, a clove of garlic and half an onion, all boiled together in water with bouillon powder and dried mixed herbs.


Now all I have to do is go to bed, and then when I wake up I'm free to eat whatever I want!

Please help by sponsoring the clean water project in Meru, Kenya,   http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done :)

    Doing this for 28 days really was quite a challenge, I'm very impressed at the way you've risen to it! Also curious to know whether it affects your eating habits into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may well affect how I eat at least a little bit. Knowing that I am fully capable of surviving on not a lot of money makes me eager to cut back on my normal spending, although maybe not quite as much of a cut-back as this challenge.

    ReplyDelete